”Supporting our Community to enable a positive start for Children and their lifelong learning”
Hindley Sure Start Nursery School Governing Body takes seriously its responsibility under section 175 of the Education Act 2002 to safeguard and promote the welfare of children; and to work together with other agencies to ensure adequate arrangements within our School to identify, assess, and support those children who are suffering harm.
We recognise that all adults, including temporary staff, volunteers and governors, have a full and active part to play in protecting our pupils from harm, and that the child’s welfare is our paramount concern.
All staff believe that our school should provide a caring, positive safe and stimulating environment that promotes the social, physical and moral development of the individual child.
SAFEGUARDING WIGAN IS EVERYONE’S RESPONSIBILITY
If you have any safeguarding concerns and need support please ring the single point of access 01942 828300
For further help + Support please access the information on the Wigan Safeguarding Children’s Board website: http://www.wiganlscb.com
The Governing Body aims are:
• To support the child’ development in ways that will foster security, confidence and independence.
• To provide an environment in which children and young people feel safe, secure, valued and respected, and feel confident, and know how to approach adults if they are in difficulties, believing they will be effectively listened to.
• To raise the awareness of all teaching and non-teaching staff on the need to safeguard children and of their responsibilities in identifying and reporting possible cases of abuse.
• To provide a systematic means of monitoring children known or thought to be at risk of harm, and ensure we, the school, contribute to assessments of need and support packages for those children.
• To emphasis the need for good levels of communication between all members of staff
• To develop a structured procedure within the school which will be followed by all members of the school community in cases of suspected abuse.
• To develop and promote effective working relationships with other agencies, especially the Police, Health and Social Care.• To ensure that all staff working within our school who have substantial access to children have been checked as to their suitability, including verification of their identity, qualifications, and a satisfactory DBS check, and a central record is kept for audit
Safeguarding Policy: Safeguarding policy new 2020