What is the purpose of the governing body?
Our school governing body are responsible for ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction. They also oversee our budget for the financial performance of the school and making sure all money is allocated and spent appropriately. They do this by maintaining close contact with the headteacher and working with the staff to ensure that, as far as possible and practicable, they all have the facilities and resources needed to do their jobs effectively.
David Haskayne –Chair Of Governors
- Appointed 05/01/2016
- Health + Safety Governor and Link Governor
- Owner of a local pet store
- Resigned 31/10/2018
Rachel Lewis – Headteacher Governor
- Appointed 01/01/2009
- Member of North West Federation of Nursery School Headteachers
Suzanne Payne – Co-Opted Governor
- Appointed 26/09/2015
- responsible for Vulnerably Children
- Headteacher of Crossens Nursery School, sefton member of North West Federation of Nursery school.
- Headteachers strategic partner with Westbridge teaching school.
Cath Ardern – Co-Opted Governor
- Appointed 21/01/2014
- responsible for Assessment, Language + Literature.
- Headteacher at Douglas Valley Nursery School, Wigan.
- Member of North West Federation of Nursery School Headteachers.
- Strategic partner with Westbridge teaching school.
Rachael Peet – Associate Member
- Appointed 25/09/2017
- Resigned 18/10/2018
Christine Emmett – Staff Governor
- Appointed 07/03/2016
- Elected by staff
Jo Robinson – Co-opted Governor
- Appointed 20/06/2016
- Start Well manager for Locality 2
Hilary Wilford – Co-opted Governor
- Appointed 26/09/2016
- Retired Childcare Manager
Sam Sumner – Co-opted Governor
- Appointed 06/03/2017
- Works in HR at MyFresh
Lindsey Martin – Parent Governor
Samantha Baines – Associate Governor
At the end of every school year the Governing Body publish a brief report for parents, please feel free to read the report below or request a paper copy from school if you require.