Hindley Nursery School offers pre-nursery provision for 2 year old’s who are eligible for Free Grant funded nursery sessions. The school provides term time education to 40 children aged 2 years old. The nursery accommodates 20 children at any one time. Children can access their 15 hours free entitlement from the term after their 2nd birthday.
Morning sessions: 9:15am – 12:15pm
Afternoon sessions: 1:00pm – 4:00pm
The team consists of qualified teaching assistants who support children’s learning. Each Child will have a key person who they will create a strong relationship with. The key person will ensure that they monitor your child’s progress and encourage them to play and learn in our wonderful learning environment.
Parents are able to officially put their children’s name on the waiting list when their child is 18 months old.
Are you Eligible?
Pre – Nursery Admissions
Once your child turns 2 years old you can register them for a place in the Pre-Nursery School. An admissions form must be completed and we must see the child’s birth certificate and Eligibility letter / Postcard. Our admission criteria is set by the Local Authority:
Places will be awarded to children residing within the Wigan Borough who meet at least one of the National Criteria as stated below;
All two year old’s who are looked after by the Local Authority.
Those two year old’s whose parent/carers are in receipt of one of the following:-
- Income Support
- Income based Job Seekers Allowance (JSA)
- Income related Employment and Support allowance (ESA)
- Support through part of the Immigration and Asylum Act
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit and have an animal income not over £16190 per year
- If the child has a current statement of special educational needs (SEN) or an education, health and care plan
- If the child is eligible for Disability Living Allowance
- If the child has left care through special guardianship, child arrangements order or through an adoption order
If your child is eligible, you can start claiming free early education after your child turns 2. The date you can apply will depend on when their birthday is:
A child turns 2 in Application Period: Eligible from:
1st April – 31st Aug 1st July – 31st Aug 1st September (Autumn Term)
1st Sept – 31st Dec 1st Nov – 31st Dec 1st January (Spring Term)
1st Jan – 31st March 1st Feb – 31st March 1st April (Summer Term)
To find out if your child is eligible please go to the Family Information Service website and fill out the online application form. The website address is www.wiganfis.org.uk :
- Click on Childcare and then the information and guidance tab
- Scroll down and click on Free Early Education and Childcare for Two year olds.
- Scroll down and click on 2 year old application form and complete
If you are eligible for a place you will receive an email letter back confirming your eligibility.